Life Cycle UK is a registered charity (1077575) that was founded in 1999 and now works with 9,000+ people a year.
In our age of climate emergency, rising inequality and public health crisis, we believe:
- More cycling is vital for better physical, mental and environmental health
- Cycling can be safe, affordable and practical for most short journeys
- With the right support, almost anyone can cycle
A world with clean air and healthy people where cycling is the chosen mode of transport, for most people, for short daily journeys.
We help more people get cycling, to transform lives and the environment.
What we do
To achieve this, we:
- Offer people access to working bicycles
- Help people gain the skills and confidence to cycle wherever they want, whenever they want
- Offer extra support to anyone who faces barriers to unlock the benefits of cycling
- Strengthen the cycling sector: we train new bike mechanics, cycle instructors and partner with Local Authorities, businesses and other charities looking to boost cycling levels.
We work with people to offer practical support to help them cycle, in ways that can scale up and be replicated elsewhere. We want to build independence, not dependence, and help people continue to benefit from cycling beyond our direct involvement.
We are passionate about always working in a way that maximises social value.
- We strive for excellence in everything we do
- We treat everyone with honesty, decency, openness and respect.
- We aren’t afraid to try new things. We are bold. We are always learning.
We run projects in the West of England, Swindon, Hereford, Bournemouth & Derby. Our community cycling projects have won multiple awards, including the Prison Reform Trust’s “Robin Corbett Award for Prisoner Re-integration” and the Queens Award for Voluntary Service.