We run Bikeability Level 2 and Level 3 courses every school holiday (except Christmas) that teach small groups of children to cycle safely on the roads.
What does it cover?
- Level 2 courses - children learn to control their bikes; anticipate other road users' behaviour and manoeuvre with confidence. Max. group size 6.
- Level 3 courses - children learn to master challenging junctions, negotiate multi lane roads and do basic route planning. Max. group size 3.
Training begins off-road, then moves onto local roads under instructor supervision. At the end of the course children get certificates and badges and we provide feedback to parents on progress.
Who is it for?
Your child must be able to cycle one-handed and look over their shoulder. These courses are not suitable for children who can only just cycle.
What to bring
Your child will need to bring a roadworthy bike to use. UK law does not require you to wear a helmet. If you do it should fit correctly.
- Level 2 courses cost just £20 per child for children in Years 5, 6 and 7
- Level 3 courses cost £35 per child, only for confident riders aged 11+. Click here to see the ability guide.
- If your child is at school outside Bristol the cost is £55 per child
Need longer sessions?
We work with Ashton Park Sports Centre to include Bikeability and basic bike maintenance training within their whole day holiday courses. We also run Level 1 Bikeability courses for younger children. Contact the Sports Centre direct for details.
- Level 2 course format is 2 x 3hr sessions over 2 consecutive days, at the start and finish times listed below.
- Level 3 course format is 2 x 2hr sessions over 2 consecutive days, at the start and finish times listed below.
March 2020 - due to the current Coronavirus restrictions, we are postponing all holiday course training until the current measures are lifted.