How we treat the information we gather
Life Cycle UK is a registered charity (1077575) and a company limited by guarantee (3836786).
This policy applies to information collected on this website. We are the Data Controller of personal information that this policy applies to under the Data Protection Act 1998. We only collect information about you that:
- lets us contact you about activities and events you have signed up for
- helps us make the site work better for you
- shows us how you are using the site, so we can keep improving it
Parts of the site may ask you for more information so that you can use services or complete transactions. You’ll always be told when this information is being collected. In many cases you’ll be asked to enter it – for example, an email address for correspondence. This information will only be used for the purposes stated.
The information we collect
We collect the following information from people visiting the website:
- Via our online contact forms. This information is collect in order to process your booking or to respond to your enquiry
- Via an online booking form. This information is collected to enable us to process your booking and provide you with further instructions about the activity/event you have signed up to attend.
- We also use your contact information to ask you for feedback once the activity is completed.
- Signing up to our newsletter. If you sign up to our newsletter you will receive a monthly email newsletter and may receive other occasional marketing emails.
- When you complete a contact, booking or newsletter form you will be asked if you would like to receive further communication from us by email.
- Your IP address and which web browser (and version) you use
- Information on how people use the site, using cookies and page tagging, to help us improve the website and our services
- If you send us feedback, your message will be kept
What are cookies?
Life Cycle UK use Google Analytics (just like virtually everybody else) which is a service provided by Google. They gather anonymous data of how people are using this site and then provide us with visitor statistics, details of page views etc. You can opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics here.
How we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
The transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We’ll do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your information
Any information we collect is used to:
- Tell you about the activity/project you have signed up to.
- Contact you, with your permission, to tell you about our services, events and fundraising
We never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your personal information to any other website.
Use of postal addresses and phone numbers
If you enter your postal address or phone number into any of our online forms, we may occasionally use these details to contact you, unless you ask us not to. However, we are more likely to contact you by email.
Disclosure of your information
We will never disclose your personal information unless:
- we are under a duty to disclose or share personal data to comply with a legal obligation
- for law enforcement purposes
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to:
- ask us not to process your personal data
- see information we hold about you
- ask for inaccurate personal data to be corrected
For a copy of the personal information we hold about you, write to CEO, Life Cycle UK, The CREATE Centre, Smeaton Road, Bristol BS1 6XN. When we are satisfied of your identity we will send you a copy of your personal information that we are legally required to disclose.
We will ask you to bring proof of identity into the office before providing you with the information required. There will be a small administration fee of £10 for this service.
Please contact us at the same address if you believe that information we hold about you is inaccurate and want it to be corrected.
Links to and from our website
As we continue improving our website and services, we may update this policy.