Who is it for?
Current NSIQ's who wish to develop their skills to deliver the new 1st4Sport Level 2 award in Cycle Instructor Training. Current NSIT's who held this status prior to 31st July 2019 and wish to continue to deliver cycle instructor training under the 1st4Sport framework.
What are the course requirements?
This 2-day course has been developed by the Bikeability Trust and 1st4Sport to develop cycle instructors and equip them with the knowledge to deliver the Level 2 Award Course in Instructing Cycle Training. To deliver teaching at this level, the course requirements are now:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Able to produce proof of ID
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Currently deliver Bikeability, and have at least two years’ experience successfully delivering Bikeability
- hold, or be working towards to the 1st4sport Level 3 award for tutors and assessors in sport OR
- hold, or be working towards, QTS status or have a PGCE OR
- hold, or be working towards, a level 3, or above, regulated qualification in delivering education OR
- hold, or be working towards, a level 3, or above, regulated qualification in assessment practice
If you are unsure if the teaching qualification you hold is suitable, please contact us and we will check with 1st4Sport on your behalf. We may be able to signpost you to suitable courses.
As with all 1st4Sport courses, you will have an e-portfolio through which to complete pre and post course work. You will upload tasks which will be overseen by your tutor and then arrange your Post Course Assessment (PCA) which involves you being observed delivering part of a Level 2 course.
The 2-day course costs £900 per person, this includes your registration fee with 1st4Sport, pre and post course tutor support, end certification and one PCA visit. It does not include Assessor travel costs for your PCA. Full details here. Bookings are subject to our standard Terms & Conditions.
Course dates and format
Our courses are run at our offices in Bristol. Please contact us if you are interested in booking a place. We may be able to deliver training at your own venue for a minimum of four learners.
We are currently planning our 2020 training programme.