We are offering a series of free bike checks across Bristol, thanks to funding from Cycling UK. The great thing is, these Dr Bikes are open to anyone – simply turn up and our mechanics will work their magic. Click the menu options below to find out more...
What is a Dr Bike?
We are bringing our bike workshop to different areas of Bristol! Our expert mechanics will carry out bicycle safety-checks and service key components, including:
- Adjusting or replacing brake blocks
- Tuning gears
- Fixing punctures
Please note: Due to time and funding constraints we cannot offer a full bike service. The mechanic will spend 20-30 minutes on your bike and do everything they can to get it running safely and smoothly. They will issue you with a 'prescription' with details of the work carried out and any advisory notes. Should your bike need further work they will recommend you book a service at Life Cycle's bike workshop.
Our free Dr Bikes are open to anyone who wants a bike check. We will be at the following locations:
Yatton (with the Strawberry Line Project)
- 19th September, 10 am - 2 pm - Yatton station car park, BS49 4AJ
- 26th September, 10 am - 2 pm - CANCELLED DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES
Easton (with Eastside Community Trust)
- 25th September, 11 am - 3 pm - Easton Community Centre, Kilburn Street, BS5 6AW (outside near the Bristol to Bath railway path).
- 30th September, 11 am - 3 pm - Easton Community Centre, Kilburn Street, BS5 6AW (outside near the Bristol to Bath railway path).
- 6th November, 10 am - 2 pm Easton Community Centre, Kilburn Street, BS5 6AW (outside near the Bristol to Bath railway path).
Avonmouth (with Avonmouth Community Centre)
- 7th October, 10 am - 2 pm - Avonmouth Community Center, 257 Avonmouth Rd, Avonmouth, Bristol BS11 9EN
Lawrence Weston (with Ambition Lawrence Weston)
- 14th October, 10 am - 2 pm - Ambition Center, Long Cross, Lawrence Weston, Bristol BS11 0RX
Simply show up with your bike.
We ask that you keep at least two meters’ distance from our staff, mechanics and other people at all times. All our work is risk assessed and we are confident that our Dr Bike sessions are fine for people who are healthy and not in a high-risk group. Our mechanics will be observing strict safe systems of working guidelines. Please do not attend our Dr Bike sessions if you feel at all unwell. Click here for information on the symptoms of COVID-19.