Whether it’s a tune-up or a complex problem needing expert attention, our community bike workshop is here to help. Our friendly mechanics can fix any problem and we always charge honest, affordable prices. Every penny you spend at our workshop supports our charitable work in local communities. Find out more about our work in communities here.
We are still open during Covid-19 restrictions.
Want to know more?
Click the headings below to skip to the relevant section.
All prices listed below are advisory. We’ll give you a proper estimate when we assess your bike at our workshop. Listed prices are for labour only and exclude all parts. We are also sometimes able to save you money by recycling good condition second-hand parts. Please speak to our mechanic about this when you drop your bike in.
Please note: We can also do “ad hoc” work (e.g. fixing a puncture). Click here for ad hoc job prices.
Professional bike assessment (free)
We’ll carry out a comprehensive bike check – plus a breakdown and estimate of any work needed. All estimates are “no obligation” and we will never start work before we have agreed on it with you.
Bronze service (from £35)
This is a full safety-check and bike adjustment, plus a complete tune-up of brakes and gears.
Silver service (from £65)
We cover everything in the Bronze service, plus a replacement of all durable parts: If needed we can replace your brake and/or gear cables, brake pads, cassette and chain. We recommended this service every 3 to 9 months, depending on how you use your bike.
Gold service (from £120)
This includes everything in the Silver service, plus a hub, headset and bottom bracket service.
Please note: Prices below are advisory only and do not include the cost of new parts. You can save up to 50% by opting to use second-hand parts. Please speak to our mechanic about this when you drop your bike in.
- Mudguards, pannier racks, locks, lights, grips, saddles, pedals, etc. – from £15
Tyres and tubes
- Tube replacement (due to a puncture) - £10
- Fit new tyre - £10
- Fit new tyre and tube - £10
- Brake adjustment (no new parts needed) – £10
- Fit new blocks and adjust – £10 per pair
- Fit new brake cable and adjust – £10
Please note: Disc brakes will cost more to repair.
- Gear adjustment (no new parts needed) - £10
- Fit new gear cable and adjust - £15
- Fit new chain - £10
- Fit new chain and sprockets (derailleur style) - £20
- Fit new chain ring - £10
- Fit new bottom bracket (or full strip and service) - £20
- Adjust hub bearings (per wheel) - £10
- Hub service (per wheel) - £20
- Spoke replacement - £15
- Wheel true - £10
- Wheel build - £35
- Adjust headset - £5
- Fit new headset (or full strip and service) - £30
£50 voucher scheme
Life Cycle Derby is participating in the Department for Transport’s Fix Your Bike Voucher Scheme. Residents in England can apply for a free bike repair voucher, worth £50, that can be used to get their bike back into working order and running smoothly. The best thing about spending your voucher with us? Not only do you get a fantastic service, but every penny also goes towards supporting your local community. Find out more about our charitable work here.
How to apply
Apply for your voucher using this link. Once you have your voucher you can book a service with us. You will need to provide ID and proof of address so please make sure you read the instructions below.
Accepted forms of ID
When you drop your bike in you must show two types of Accepted Forms of Identification to prove your ID and address. Your proof of address must be the same as the one the voucher is registered to.
You will need to provide one document from group A and one from group B.
• A valid driving license photo card with address;
• Up to date passport;
• Your national identity card (non-UK);
• Your residence permit;
Plus, one document from Group B.
The document can be supplied as a hard copy or in electronic form. The document must be less than 3 months old:
• Utility bill
• Council tax bill
• mortgage statement
• council/housing association rent card
• benefit book
How to redeem your voucher
To redeem your voucher, follow the steps below:
- Apply for your voucher using this link.
- Book your free bike assessment (use the form on this page or call 01332 987250).
- Bring your bike, Government voucher and approved forms of identification to our workshop. We’ll validate your Government voucher and undertake a free bike assessment to identify any repairs or maintenance needed.
- Your mechanic will talk you through the repairs required and how you can put your voucher towards the cost of getting your bike back on the road*.
- If you’re happy to go ahead we will fix your bike and let you know when it’s ready to collect. If your repairs cost more than £50 you will need to pay the difference.
We will never undertake any repairs without your consent.
*Not all repairs are covered by the scheme, for details of ‘eligible repairs’ see our terms and conditions.
Mon: 9am - 4pm
Tues: 9am - 7pm
Weds: 9am - 4pm
Thurs: 9am - 4pm
Fri: 10am - 4pm
Sat: 10am - 4pm
We prefer servicing and repairs customers to book online or by telephone (01332 987250). If you wish to buy a refurbished bike from us you may wish to ring ahead and check what we have in stock.
Unit 1, Siddals Road, Derby DE1 2QE.
You can find us right next door to the Alexandra Hotel where you will see a wide-gated access to a business yard with our big blue Bike Back Derby sign. Parking is free in the yard. Click here to find Bike Back Derby on Google maps.
During opening hours:
- Telephone: 01332 987250
Outside opening hours:
- Email: email@example.com
- Send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram: Our handle is @LifeCycleDerby across all three platforms.
- Book using our online form.
About our workshop
Located next to Derby railway station, we are Derby’s best-kept secret. We fix bikes of all shapes and sizes, no matter the problem. All our friendly mechanics are professionally qualified, with between 5 and 25 years’ experience in the cycle industry.
We offer all customers a free, no-obligation bike check and estimate. Simply book an appointment and we’ll take it from there.
Our charitable work
Life Cycle Derby is part of Life Cycle UK - a registered charity (1077575): By choosing us for your bike service, you are also supporting our work with communities in Derbyshire and across the South West. Read about the people we work with here.
Prizes and special offers
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram (@LifeCycleDerby) to hear about our latest offers and prize draws. Click on the icons below.