A 10 day accredited course in cycle mechanics that gives an industry standard qualification.
- Day 1 - Workshop induction, health & safety, tyres tubes and punctures
- Day 2 - Brakes: remove, replace & configure V-brakes, Cantilever and Dual Pivot rim brake assemblies. Introduction to cable & hydraulic disc brakes
- Day 3 - Gears: remove, replace & configure derailleurs, chain, cassette/freewheel, chain set, cables and shifters
- Day 4 - Hub bearings: remove, replace & service loose and cartridge bearings
- Day 5 - Bottom brackets (adjustable, cartridge & external); cranks; facing bottom brackets
- Day 6 - Headset assembly & servicing; facing & reaming the headtube
- Day 7 - Wheel Building (Part 1: theory and practice)
- Day 8 - Wheel Building (Part 2: build and assessment)
- Day 9 - Accessory fitting & systematic bike check
- Day 10 – Full bike re-build & final assessments
The course runs 9am-5pm, Wednesdays & Thursdays, for 5 consecutive weeks from the start date. You must attend all 10 days to complete the course.
April 11th, 2018 9:00 AM to May 10th, 2018 5:00 PM
Life Cycle HUB
|Course fee||£ 1100.00|