I am the parent / legal guardian of the child I am registering, and give my consent for them to participate in cycle training provided by Life Cycle UK. I understand that:
1. Where I provide a bike for my child I will make sure it is roadworthy. If I am not sure I will take it to a bike shop and have it serviced before the course. I understand that Life Cycle UK operates a no refund policy if bikes are not roadworthy according to the Cycle Safety checklist provided.
2. Training will take place in public spaces and on public roads.
3. Life Cycle UK is not liable for any injury, loss or damage to persons or property before or after the session including on journeys to and from the venue.
4. Completion of the training session does not mean that it is safe for my child to cycle in all conditions. To become a proficient cyclist takes practice.
5. It is my responsibility to decide if I should have personal accident insurance for my child.
6. I accept that the instructors may at any time refuse to continue to train my child if his/her behaviour or ability level is deemed to be unsuitable.
7. It is my responsibility to decide whether my child should wear a helmet. If my child does not wear one, Life Cycle UK will not be liable for the results of any injury that may have been prevented by the wearing of a helmet. I will ensure that my child's helmet is fitted to my satisfaction.
8. If a theory session is being taught, I will be present in the house for its duration.