Whether it’s a tune-up or a specific problem needing expert attention, our community bike workshop is here to help. Our expert mechanics can fix any problem and we always charge honest affordable prices. Every penny you spend at our workshop supports our charitable work in local communities. Find out more about our work in communities here.
We are still open for business during Covid-19 restrictions.
Want to know more?
Click the headings below to skip to the relevant section.
All prices listed below are advisory. We'll give you a proper estimate when we assess your bike at our workshop. Listed prices are for labour only and exclude all parts. We can also do “ad hoc” work (e.g. fixing a puncture). Click here for ad hoc job prices.
Professional bike assessment (free)
We’ll carry out a full bike check – plus a breakdown and estimate of any work needed. All estimates are “no obligation” and we will never start work before we have agreed on it with you.
Bronze service (from £35)
This is a full safety-check and bike adjustment, plus a complete tune-up of brakes and gears.
Silver service (from £65)
We cover everything in the Bronze service, plus a replacement of all durable parts: If needed we can replace your brake and/or gear cables, brake pads, cassette and chain. We recommended this service every 3 to 9 months, depending on how you use your bike.
Gold service (from £120)
This includes everything in the Silver service, plus a hub, headset and bottom bracket service.
Ad hoc jobs
Please note: Prices below are advisory only and do not include the cost of new parts.
Mudguards, pannier racks, locks, lights, grips, saddles, pedals, etc. – from £15
Tyres and tubes
• Tube replacement (due to a puncture) - £10
• Fit new tyre - £10
• Fit new tyre and tube - £10
• Brake adjustment (no new parts needed) – £10
• Fit new brake pads and adjust – £10 per pair
• Fit new brake cable and adjust – £10
• Hydraulic brake service (bleed) – from £25 each
• Gear adjustment (no new parts needed) - £10
• Fit new gear cable and adjust - £15
• Sturmey gear service (including Bromptons) – from £35
• Fit new chain - £10
• Fit new chain and sprockets (derailleur style) - £20
• Fit new chain ring - £10
• Fit new bottom bracket (or full strip and service) - £20
• Adjust hub bearings (per wheel) - £10
• Hub service (per wheel) - £20
• Spoke replacement - £15
• Wheel true - £10
• Wheel build - £35
• Adjust headset - £5
• Fit new headset (or full strip and service) - £30
A clean bike will always work better than a dirty bike! The best time to clean a bike is when it’s stripped down during a service. We can offer a full cleaning service to get your bike not only looking beautiful but working better.
From £15 (depending on the condition).
Contact and opening hours
Feel free to drop in during our opening hours:
- Wednesday - Saturday: 9 am - 4 pm
Alternatively, you can call us on 07884 990 920 or click here to book online.
We are located in the car park of HMP Bristol (Horfield Prison):
19 Cambridge Road, Bristol, BS7 8PS. Click here to find us on Google maps.
This is in the non-secure area of the prison - you will not come into contact with prisoners.
Discounts and special offers
Please note you can only use one offer per transaction.
For Deliveroo Riders
To support greener deliveries we are offering all Deliveroo riders a 15% discount on bike servicing labour charges - or one of our great Silver Services for £50. Simply show us your Deliveroo rider app on your phone to claim your discount. All money spent at our workshop supports our charitable work in the local community.
For Rolls Royce employees
The Rolls Royce Community Foundation has been a kind supporter of our work since 2012. We are delighted to offer all Rolls Royce employees a 10% discount on bike servicing if they book in before 1st May 2021. Simply show your Rolls Royce pass before payment to claim your discount.
The Government's £50 voucher scheme
Life Cycle UK is participating in the Department for Transport’s Fix Your Bike Voucher Scheme. UK residents can apply for a free bike repair voucher, worth £50, that can be used to get their bike back into working order and running smoothly. The best thing about spending your voucher with us? Not only do you get a fantastic service, but every penny also goes towards supporting your local community. Find out more about our charitable work here.
How to apply
Apply for your voucher using this link. Once you have your voucher you can book a service with us. You will need to provide ID and proof of address so please make sure you read the instructions below.
Accepted forms of ID
When you drop your bike in you must show two types of Accepted Forms of Identification to prove your ID and address. Your proof of address must be the same as the one the voucher is registered to. You will need to provide one document from group A and one from group B.
• A valid driving license photo card with address;
• Up to date passport;
• Your national identity card (non-UK);
• Your residence permit;
Plus, one document from Group B.
The document can be supplied as a hard copy or in electronic form. The document must be less than 3 months old:
• Utility bill
• Council tax bill
• mortgage statement
• council/housing association rent card
• benefit book
How to redeem your voucher
To redeem your voucher, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Apply for your voucher using this link.
- Step 2: Book your free bike assessment on this page. You don't need to phone ahead.
- Step 3: We will contact you to arrange a time to bring your bike in.
- Step 4: Bring your bike, Government voucher and approved forms of identification to our workshop. We’ll validate your Government voucher and undertake a free bike assessment to identify any repairs or maintenance needed.
- Step 5: Your mechanic will talk you through the repairs required and how you can put your voucher towards the cost of getting your bike back on the road*.
- Step 6: If you’re happy to go ahead we will fix your bike and let you know when it’s ready to collect. If your repairs cost more than £50 you will need to pay the difference.
We will never undertake any repairs without your consent.
*Not all repairs are covered by the scheme, for details of ‘eligible repairs’ see our terms and conditions.
Follow us on social media to hear about our latest offers and prize draws. Click on the icons below.
About our workshop
Located just off Gloucester Road, we are Bristol’s best-kept secret. We fix bikes of all shapes and sizes, no matter the problem.
All our friendly mechanics are professionally qualified, with between 5 and 25 years’ experience in the cycle industry.
We are a City & Guilds accredited training centre for bicycle mechanics, so when we’re not servicing bikes we also run bike maintenance courses.
We offer all customers a free, no-obligation bike check and estimate. Simply book an appointment and we’ll take it from there.
Please note that during the COVID-19 lockdown all servicing is by prior appointment only. We will be unable to serve you if you show up without an appointment.
Our charitable work
Life Cycle is a registered charity (1077575): By choosing us for your bike service, you are also supporting our work with the local community.
Read about the people we work with here.