Is a low income stopping you from accessing a bicycle or getting yours fixed? We have some great offers to help low-income Somerset residents to save money on transport. It’s time to get cycling to unlock all the benefits!
Pick one of the following options:
- £100 Bike Voucher + Road Safety Kit
- £50 Bike Servicing Voucher + Road Safety Kit
- Road Safety Kit*
*Our Road safety kit contains a lock, lights, Hi-Viz and helmet – with a combined worth of £50.
Who is it for?
To be eligible for this scheme you must:
- Live within a Somerset postcode. Not a Somerset resident? We have offers for Bristol and South Glos.
- Be aged 16 or over.
- Be on a low income**.
**This means you are: Actively seeking work, OR, starting a new job; training course; work placement or apprenticeship, OR Earning less than the living wage (£9.30 per hour).
Students aged 16+ and belonging to low-income families are eligible to apply: You will need to prove your household fits our low-income criteria (stated above). This can be shown in any format you choose (e.g. photos of parents’ universal credit statements, payslips etc.)
How do I apply?
- Please read this page carefully first – and check you are eligible before applying.
- If you qualify you can apply via the form at the bottom of this page.
- Once approved, we will email your voucher to you.
- Your voucher must be redeemed by the expiry date (stated in the email).
How do I redeem my voucher?
This voucher can be redeemed at an On Your Bike workshop in either Bridgwater or Taunton. Click here to see opening times and addresses.
You must bring:
- A photo ID (e.g.driver’s license, a student ID or a passport).
- Proof of address (e.g. driver’s license or a utility bill).
- You might be asked to prove you fit our low-income criteria (stated above). This can be shown in any format you choose (e.g. Universal Credit statements, payslips…)
What if my bike or service costs more than the voucher?
You will need to pay the balance, but don’t panic…
Bike sales: On Your Bike has a wide selection of second-hand bikes for sale. They start from competitively low prices, so it’s possible to get a quality, refurbished bike completely free of charge!
Bike servicing: It normally costs less than £50 to get an unused bike back on the road. If your bike needs a lot of work done, we may advise you to take our £100 voucher instead and get a refurbished bike from us.
This offer is possible thanks to our local partners, On Your Bike, the HPC Community Fund and the National Grid Community Grant Programme.
Apply for a voucher