Bike Maintenance - Improvers
Who is it for?
Those with a basic knowledge of bike maintenance who want to improve their skills. If you are a beginner, we strongly recommend you attend a beginners workshop first.
What does it cover?
- Comprehensive bike check
- Setting brakes up for optimum performance
- Fitting new brake blocks
- Fitting new a brake cable inner (and outer, if necessary)
- Diagnosing problems with gears (including limit screw adjustment and indexing)
- Fitting a new gear cable inner (and outer, if necessary)
- Diagnosing when a chain needs replacing (and why)
- How to break and rejoin a chain correctly
- How to eliminate stiff links
- Basic headset adjustment (threaded and threadless)
You will learn how to spot problems with your bike at an early stage, before they develop into costly repairs. You will leave feeling confident setting up brakes safely, gears will no longer be an unfathomable mystery and you will know how to fix common problems like how to mend your chain if it breaks.
What should you bring?
You will be working on your own bike and will get most from the course by bringing a "well-loved" bike that is in sound working order, but ready for a service. Please bring one bike only.
We will supply all tools, a professional bike work stand and basic spare parts e.g. new cables and brake blocks.
£75.00. Bookings are subject to our standard Terms & Conditions.
Course format and dates
Courses start at 10am sharp and last for 6 Hours.